Brain-Machine Interface Postdoc Position
A postdoctoral position, approximately two years in duration with possible extension, is open at the Neural Systems Lab in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Kentucky. The position involves research on imaging and modulation of sensorimotor rhythms and function in healthy individuals as well as patients with spinal cord injury.
Background, skills, and motivation in some or all of the following areas are desired:
• Programming in Matlab and/or LabVIEW for data acquisition and analysis.
• Standard data acquisition techniques with off-the-shelf hardware (e.g., NIDAQ).
• Background in signal processing, statistical modeling, and machine learning.
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills in English.
• Interest in neuroscience and neural engineering with academic career aspirations.
The position is open until filled; early applications will receive the most consideration. Motivated applicants from diverse backgrounds are welcome; qualifying women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Excellent opportunity for recent graduates looking for a foothold in neural engineering. For details, please respond by e-mail (subject line “NSL Postdoc”) with complete CV, list of three references, cover letter, and sample publications to:
PI: Sridhar Sunderam, Ph.D.
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
University of Kentucky